"I did not know how FAST hand tools were... I also didn't know how few tools you could make do with! Simply amazing. I wish I'd seen your stuff years ago before I started woodworking."
John Michael / Premium Member
Build this impressive table with our Step by Step Videos & PDF plan.
Using only basic hand tools you'll learn:
- Thicknessing & prep from rough timber.
- Make & use guides for efficient marking out.
- Double mortice & tenon joints.
- Drawboring & peg making
- Dovetailing (through & half blind)
- Drawer making & fitting
This is our largest Series to date, and is running now. Chapters 1 - 8 are up!
Transform your experience with hand tools by understanding the ins and outs of a sharp edge.
An entire course on learning to sharpen efficiently, so you can work efficiently.
- Understanding your kit. Steel & stone types.
- Learn the 'Maguire Method' for getting sharp swiftly.
- Tool prep & flat backs.
- Harder steels & thicker irons.
- Optimising & cutting angles.
- Understand & create cambers.
This is a long Series, but we promise it won't drag! Stay engaged as you learn all the little details that will have a big effect on your workflow.
One rough sawn board & some basic hand tools. That's all you'll need to build this handy, modern side table.
In this build we introduce the use of home made guides to cut perfect joinery (even with a cheap saw).
- Learn to hand flatten boards swiftly & accurately.
- Make your own 'Bridle Cutting Guide System'.
- Introduction to angled joinery.
- Panel glue ups
- Ebonise your base with our dependable formula.
This is our largest Series to date, and is running now. Chapters 1 - 5 are up!
A practical approach to building your most important bit of kit. Our English workbench is designed to last & be tough, yet be built with basic hand tools & techniques.
- Learn your ideal bench dimensions
- Build a traditional face vice
- Hand flatten your bench top
- Remove twist from rough boards
- Understand face & edge marks
- Master chisel control & basic hand planing
This is our most popular Series due to being such a functional build for your workshop. Build your bench while you improve your skills by hand!
Our first Premium Series forms a full introduction to hand tool woodworking. With basic tools we learn fundamental techniques all while building a charming Spoon rack.
- Introduction to prepping by hand.
- Cutting rebates (rabbits) & housings (dados)
- Mouldings even without moulding planes.
- Hand cut dovetails. Through & half blind.
- Drawer making & fitting
This Series covers a vast range of techniques in a small & accessible project. We discuss tooling options & alternatives for many of the techniques.
You get lifetime access to all video content within the course.
Your content is accessed through the Member's Area of the website.
Stream and/ or download for unlimited viewing.
Sign up & start to watch.
Upon purchase you will be redirected to our Members' Area where you can watch your videos & download your plans.
Stream & Download
Watch directly from the browser on your PC, tablet or mobile.
Or download the videos to save and watch directly from your hard drive.
Detailed PDF Plans
Detailed instruction within the videos is complimented by PDF plans, to help you succeed with your own project builds.
Beautiful HD Videos
We take pride in creating quality videos, so you can be entertained as you learn.
“I am not a big fun of posting on the web but could not resist…
This project is a killer — I have learned so much following your videos. The last episode is a revelation — hats off to both of you.
P.S. — The video production quality, design and presentation are stunning.” – Slava R
The 'Plane Build' is a FREE mini series that takes you Step By Step through the build of your own wooden hand plane.